Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Monday, January 17, 2011

Awwwh I love this place!

Well today was a great day, and as I was driving home today I was thinking about how much I really love this place. The people, both expats and locals are wonderful, the country is laid back, it is always warm!!!  Yes, the poverty is heart breaking but within it is an amazing sense of love among the poorest of the poor. No other place have I seen both adults and children watching out for every other little child. In the very poor areas it is like everyone is just one big family, it doesn't matter who is your biological family, if you live in the neighbourhood or if you are a small child someone is looking out for you.

I realize that I am choosing to see things this way and others will have there own perspective, maybe mine is seen through rose colored glasses, but it made me think can one have the best of both worlds? Or does this compassion for one another develop only out of necessity ?  Enough about my deep thoughts, I am sure you are probably sleeping on your computer by now. It is just so interesting to me to see how different worlds function.

Well today Ella went back to school, she was up at 6:30 all by herself ready to go, it was me saying 5 more minutes. Brett left for Soyo today till Friday so hopefully the week will go by fast.  BIG NEWS we got our wireless yesterday and apple TV, so I was able to watch Grey Anatomy and Modern Family!!!  Sadly it took me all day to set up ...



Went to the Orphanage today here are some pics






The children were playing with my camera so that is why there is lots of pictures of me and not so many of all of them, plus there were only 13 children there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment