Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Friday, December 10, 2010

Busy Friday

Ella rode the big blue bus this morning. She was really excited but tired this morning, she even tried going back to bed 5 minutes before we had to leave. I couldn't find her and then I saw her little sandals by my bed and a big lump under the covers. But once she was on the bus with her friend Baya - in the very back seats she was really excited.  Her teacher just wants her to go for half a day today, which Ella will not like because they have swimming in the afternoon. But we have a BBQ tonight and they have a pool there so she can go swimming tonight.  I also have coffee with some of the other Chevron wives today in an hour. It will be nice to meet more people.  We are still waiting for our wash machine and things are piling up but lots of our neighbours have offered to let us use theirs.  We should get it soon. Still waiting on Cable too but we don't really miss it.

Brett's job is going good. He says he is really  busy and with traffic doesn't usually get home till after 7, so then we eat and go to bed. We are all exhausted by then. I tried to make dinner last night. Chicken in tomatoes with cheese (of course) and scallop potatoes - we don't have a ton of options. Anywho  thing were going good until the potatoes started to burn right when Brett came in. The chicken was also local (yes I am trying to eat meat again because there are not a lot of options now) the chicken was really tough. Brett is such a trooper he ate as much as he could, but Ella was honest she said the chicken was gross.... it was.  We also made Banana chocolate muffins, they turned out good but I could only cook 6 at a time because I only have one muffin dish which has six muffins.  It is funny, we don't have a frying pan so we make grill cheese in a pot -- it works ok, we don't have any measuring cups or spoons but the muffins turned our not bad.  Plus our oven only goes up to 190 so I have no idea what temperature  I am cooking at.  Good Times.

Well my next post I will post some pictures of the inside of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment