Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time in Angola

Well after finding a tree the size of Ella in one of the local hardware stores for $320 we were pretty sure a tree would not be an option this year so Ella and I surprised her dad with a homemade Christmas tree. Ella drew out the plans first (a tree with her and me) and then we created the tree and all the decorations. I thought it looked pretty good.

A couple days later if picked up a flyer at Shoprite (kind of like a Walmart but more expensive and cheaper stuff -like dollar store made in China stuff, however every once in a while you can find some good stuff). Anyways I took the flyer home because I am still working on my conversion skills. It can be tough when you can't believe that a dollar store princess necklace is $30.00 US!  So I bring the flyer home and Brett and I both agree it looks like Christmas stuff at Shoprite is not too expensive, ei. our Christmas tree cost only $40. So we all went shopping and bought a Tree and some christmas lights and decorations. Brett and I also found some great lawn chairs for only $25 and a cooler.

That night we had a Christmas party and listen to  wait for it....... Christmas cat songs. I am going to try and down load it on to the blog. You can probably guess who insisted on that album.  While we were decorating the tree we wrote all the names of our family on each Christmas ball.  (Well Kaydence might have gotten her own ball - blue like Ella's of course. 

Enjoy the pics!!









Merry Christmas

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - I just love your blog. "See" you on Skype on Christmas, if not before. Love you.

    ReplyDelete