Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Friday, December 31, 2010

Funny things

So there has been a couple funny stories that have happened since we got here and I wanted to post this one just because it has topped them all so far.....

So the day we were at the Orphanage there was a nurse there who checks all the children. A little boy wasn't feeling well so I was holding  him, she took him to test him for a fever and malaria. Brett and I went out to see how he was doing and I was talking to the nurse about the boy. When she finished she said...   and I quote: "So did you come here with your Dad?" - At first I was a little baffled and then I looked at Brett who was standing beside me and started laughing, I said "Nope this is my husband," --- feeling a little creepy when I said that out loud,  I added we are the same age THIRTY ONE.  She felt so bad, but  it was all pretty funny. The story got out and now everyone refers to Brett as my dad.

Funny thing is Brett brought this "incident" up continually asking if he really looks that old? Then he somehow determined that it may have been the hat he was wearing - so he took that off.  Little did he know that the day before we were at the twins house and a lady stopped by and asked my friend who she had in her house with the girls?  She said me, and the lady said "oh, it looked like a 12 years old."  (Really lady 12 ??  I have gotten 16 or 17 but  12 that is like before puberty !)  Anywho I am chalking it up to a expat cultural thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment